The NSW Government is going to implement a new planning system in 2013-2014 (costing $20,9m).
What does it mean for home owners, developers and property investors?
- NSW Government is going to help deliver 27,500 new homes each year.
- Subdivision of existing blocks will be made easier – developers rejoice!
- New design and development guidelines to promote a range of housing types -> expect more apartment blocks.
- New density zoning.
- A new Land Release Policy, due to be released later in 2013 will focus on supporting new housing near Sydney’s existing city centres, as well as new ‘greenfield’ areas where development is feasible.
- A programme of Urban Activation Precincts will deliver more housing and public spaces, schools, community facilities and other infrastructure. The locations for these precincts include North Ryde Station, Epping Town Centre, Wentworth Point, Carter Street Homebush, Herring Road Macquarie Park, Mascot Station, Anzac Parade South and Randwick.
To make sure all those 27,500 house can be delivered NSW Planning introduces a new development type tracking designed to reduce approval timeframe.
Check out infographics below published in the White Paper by NSW Department of Planning.
The new planning will allow to build the following buildings as complying development:
For more information go to NSW Planning website.