Go to Top

Complying Development Application

 Complying Development Certificate

construction worker

Complying Development Certificate is a combined planning and construction approval.

It is a fast track, 21-day approval process where a building meets all of the predetermined standards established in either a State or local council planning document. A complying development certificate can be issued by either your local council or an accredited certifier.

Currently it may apply to single and two storey dwellings, dwelling additions, swimming pools, granny flats (secondary dwelling), outbuildings in the domestic realm of development. Also complying development certificates can now be issued for commercial development in relation to change of use of a premises and internal alterations.

In addition to preparing drawings we will:

  • write specifications
  • obtain supplementary information and
  • coordinate consultant’s reports with our documents

Call 0407 174 434 to discuss what you require and request a quote or

Email us

Exempt development

There are many types of work that you can carry out without approval. They are known as exempt developments. For example, rainwater tanks, decks, pergolas, awnings, canopies, skylights, carport. However, they still have to meet standards.

For more information go to NSW Housing Code website.


Additional tool

The Electronic Housing Code (EHC) is an online system for the electronic lodgement of complying development applications under the NSW Housing Code for lots 200m² and above. This system will also allow the user to determine if they are able to proceed with their development without further approvals, as an exempt development.


Photo via photopin cc